ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Flash player Making site unusable

Flash player Making site unusable
Please login to vote!
Dec 14th 2015, 02:19

N3LTX

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
The utilization of Flash player is ruining the ARRL site for many who do not wish to jeopardize personal security and privacy simply to read a monthly news letter.
May 27th 2016, 20:55

KD2GRS

+1 on removing Flash content. I have removed Adobe Flash from my computer for security concerns. With HTML5 there is no need for Adobe Flash. I can still view Flash content in Google Chrome, but they recently announced they will discontinue support. Also, I had no idea that by logging in to comment I was voting and my vote as registered is incorrect and there is no way to change it. I would vote for #4, #2 and #1 in that order. Please switch to PDF ASAP for downloadable content (I use FoxIt Reader not anything from Adobe) and choose some other video format for any videos. Thank-you.
May 27th 2016, 21:32

NV2K

Flash has security holes and is basically an end-of-life product. PDF and DJVU are good formats for e-mag versions of print magazines and today are trivial to generate.
Jun 2nd 2016, 11:32

AI4BJ

I use Chrome with the Flashcontrol plug-in, so this is a non-issue for me.

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn