ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Accessing ARRL Handbook CD ROM on IPAD

Dec 22nd 2015, 20:34

niemoell

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Is there a way to transfer and use CD ROM disks accompanying ARRL Handbook and other texts to an IPAD?? A mobile version would be useful for study/reference, as opposed to a laptop. just received my ARRL Handbook w/CD ROM disk and would like to take it on my IPAD for an upcoming month long trip for study.

Larry, AB3QB
Jun 21st 2016, 19:58

W1VT

Super Moderator

Adobe now has a free download for the Ipad
https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/mobile-app.html

Zack Lau W1VT
ARRL Senior Lab Engineer

Jun 21st 2016, 21:22

aa6e

Any PDF reader app on iTunes should do the job, not only Acrobat. However, your problem may be how to transfer a CDROM to the iPad. For this, you will probably need to use a PC (or even better, a Macintosh) that can mount the disk and share it over the network. You may need to consult an iPad / iOS expert about the details of the transfer of the PDF files - using WiFi most likely. Alternatively, there might be an option to mount a USB-interfaced CDROM drive directly on the iPad. Again, you may need an iPad expert to help. (Not me, sorry!)

73 Martin AA6E
Jun 21st 2017, 03:56

OH2QM

I'm looking for the Handbook Software, HANDBK00.zip as stated in my milenium edition. there it says, Simply click on Download Handbook Disk.
Yes, I'm a little late.

73 Alf OH2QM
Jun 26th 2017, 12:20

W1VT

Super Moderator

Do you have a computer that can run old DOS software and Basic code like an old Win 98 computer or a new computer with DOSBox? That edition did not come with a CD or DVD--the software was provided as a download from our old web site.

Zack W1VT

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn