ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

How to Suggest a Contest and Start One?

Dec 26th 2015, 06:15

KI7IIM

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I am relatively new to amateur radio as I got my Tech and General around April 2015 and June 2015. I have looked around and noticed things like SOTA, NPOTA, etc. Well being I like taking the RV and my "shack-in-the-box" or my backpack kit and running QRP, I was wondering if there is a MOTA (Memorials On The Air). Most cities have WWI, WWII, Korean War, Vietnam War, 9/11 memorials peppering the whole country. This would allow people to not only get out, but visit memorials for those that "gave it all" for our freedom to do what we like to do. I often run QRP from these type places and was wondering if there is a "contest" similar to NPOTA but not in National Parks but in Memorial Parks (all included from your local city all the way to national like in Washington, DC). Thanks in advance and I will start marking my locations with GPS captures from my various locations.
Dec 30th 2015, 04:28

W2EV

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
It is important to remember that the ARRL is only one organization that sponsors contests, events and awards.

The key is to either attach to an organization and offer to create and administer the contest/award under their name or launch your own independent effort.

It is easy to suggest that "someone" should _fill-in_your_idea_. Spearheading the award ones self brings an entirely new level of dedication to an idea. ;-)

Cheers,
Ev, W2EV

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn