ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Fldigi on Ubuntu adif data merge

Apr 13th 2016, 15:20

K0AZ

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Greetings, Just recently got a machine up and running with Ubuntu 14.04. Used Synaptic Package Manager to install FLdigi 3.21.80. It all looked OK initially. I went to merge almost 14k QSOs from an adif file i moved to documents. It actually took over 3k but stopped at 1998 and all between 1998 and current date do not load. Anyone have any ideas about this? Thanks, Mike K0AZ
Apr 13th 2016, 18:16

W1VT

Super Moderator

http://www.w1hkj.com/
Have you tried contacting the author? His page also suggests some Yahoo support groups.

Zack W1VT
ARRL Senior Lab Engineer
Apr 15th 2016, 03:40

aa6e

fldigi is not really intended to be a serious logging program, as I understand it. So it's not surprising if you are running into a capacity limit. It probably can't handle so many QSOs.

I generally log fldigi contacts in the built-in logger, but then transfer them to another logging program via adi files. Under Linux, I've used cqrlog and xlog with reasonable results.

73 Martin AA6E
Apr 17th 2016, 21:35

wa1zjl

I have both xlog and fldigi on my Lubuntu box in the shack. I haven't got on digital yet, still trying to work out the bugs in the system. I did try putting a sample entry into the fldigi log and it appeared in the xlog log. I think it is automatic with xlog although you may have to have xlog running in the background. I don't remember the particulars but was pleasantly surprised!
73 Hal WA1ZJL

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn