ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Mobile antennas for hand held yaesu ft60

Jun 9th 2016, 15:51

K6UDK

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I am a fairly new ham and a local CERT member. Also getting involved in the ares/races aspect. Interested in a good portable vehicle mount antenna I can use with my ft60. Any suggestions? Must be able to make portable with any vehicle. Bob K6UDK. rbtpollard@gmail.com
Jun 30th 2016, 02:39

W0SJF

Many of the magnetic mount antennas get good reviews and can be easily swapped from vehicle to vehicle. Make sure it matches the frequencies you are using.
Aug 5th 2016, 15:21

K6AAN

I have used the Diamond NR770HAB antenna with great success on my Chevy Silverado truck. Be sure to buy a mag mount with a rubber protected bottom rather than that thin film of foil like material. I have been using a 5" Browning mad mount. This mount leaked after a couple of months and was full of rain water causing high swr. Browning refused to replace it. Damaged the paint on the roof of the truck too so now I have to have the roof painted! Finally went to a Larsen KG7 Windows mount antenna with excellent results.

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn