ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

SO-239 Right angle feed through

Oct 17th 2016, 01:40

KM4ORN

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Hello all, I am new to Ham and to the ARRL forums so if this is not the correct place for this post, I apologize. I am mounting a modified J-Pole antenna in my attic for a dual band mobile that I am setting up as a base. My plan is to run the coax down the inside of the wall and come out in a low voltage box. I am going to take a blank face plate and drill a hole in it big enough for an SO-239 feed through connector. I don't want to have to make a hard bend in the cable inside the wall to attach to the connector so I am trying to find a right angle SO-239 feed through. I have done some searching online but so far I can't find one. Does anyone know if this item exists and, If so, where can I find one? Thanks and 73's
Robert/ KM4ORN
Oct 17th 2016, 01:48

aa6e

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Robert -

I don't think I've ever seen a right-angle feedthrough. I would consider a normal straight UHF (female to female) feedthrough with a right-angle UHF adapter (female to male) inside the wall. Those parts should be readily available.

73 Martin AA6E

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn