ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

2200 and 630 Meter operating permission

Oct 21st 2017, 17:05

N7WS

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
The FCC Public notice regarding operation on the subject bands states that an application should be made to the UTC website: http://utc.org/plc-database-amateur-notification-process/.

It goes on to say that UTC will respond via email and request that the amateur acknowledge receipt.

In typical bureaucratic fashion they go on to say that if the ham doesn't get a response within 30 days, he is free to begin operating.

Unfortunately, at least in my case, after filling out and submitting the form I have absolutely no proof that I did so and I have received no email from UTC. I have emailed and telephoned and left messages with UTC and received no response.

Should I plan on operating or not?
Dec 23rd 2017, 13:01

WA8NVW

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
If youir computer failed to maintain a copy of your application or the automated time-stamped receipt, I would say "File again and print the receipt," Then wait out the 30 days before you start operating.
My own site approval experience was the opposite of yours, but I have since discovered that it will take more than 30 days to be ready to transmit on either 630 M or 2200 M bands. The receiver is easy, but bandpass filters, transmitter, antenna system, and tuners all require considerable planning and labor.

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn