ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Proper ID when operating from secondary QTH

Oct 16th 2018, 09:50

kd4voj

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Like many I regularly operate from multiple stationary QTHs. But in my case they are only about 120 miles or so apart, in the same state, but different counties and of course grids. I would like to properly indicate to contacts when I am at the alternate QTH instead of my primary station location that is listed in various databases., which could help them with awards, especially county hunters. For contacts where they use auto-logging or lookup, it always comes up as my primary station address so there is no way for them to know I am operating from the alternate location unless I somehow ID to indicate that.

What is the proper way to give my call on the air when I am at the alternate QTH? Would it be appropriate to use /P even though the locations are in the same state? Is there a way to change the station address in LOTW logs to indicate that a particular QSO was made from a different QTH?

Thanks!

Oct 16th 2018, 10:37

W1VT

Super Moderator

https://lotw.arrl.org/lotw-help/multiple-callsigns-locations/?lang=en

You could explain the multiple location situation on a QRZ.com home page. Many hams use this site to find out about who they are working.

Zak Lau W1VT
ARRL Senior Lab Engineer

Oct 16th 2018, 10:54

AI4BJ

I usually sign /P when I go backpacking in my home state. I don't upload these contacts to LOTW.

Mark AI4BJ

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn