ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Digital QST crashes

Mar 17th 2019, 15:01

WT4BT

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
This crash problem has been ongoing, for me, for several months now.
Only recourse is to access the digital edition on-line via a web browser. Let the edition of choice load fully then choose the "Print" option which will reload (slowly) the full content, then "Print" it as a PDF.
Then you can upload the pdf to a reader on your iPad/phone/whatever.
A true PITA but it gets it done.

For those of us with legacy iPads and other older electronics, this may be the only course of action when (or if) PageSuite ever makes a fix available.

Oh, BTW, in trying to find a solution I lost all editions from my Library so now I get to go back through the online archives and reload, this slow way, any that I decide I want available on my iPad.
-Edit- Elapsed time to prepare for print of the March 2019 issue (148 pages) was approximately 22 minutes. PDF creation took about 45 seconds. Dump to iPad ~30 seconds.
Mac/wt4bt
Mar 25th 2019, 09:04

ON4BBQ

Download problem finally solved !

No need to delete your QST app ( and lose all previously downloaded QSTs). Just go to the Apple store , find the app, and click “ update “ .

All OK now

Best regards,

Ron, ON4BBQ
May 12th 2019, 18:05

VE7TK

I've been attempting to print an article from a 2017 issue of QST using a desktop running Win7-64 Pro. No joy.! The "PageSuite" site loads and says "Preparing Pages 1 of 3". It then adds 30% to my CPU and does nothing! It does nothing for hours!

I reported this 10 days ago to ARRL. They attempted to print the same article with the same results.

So what gives ARRL? Anybody working on correcting this?

Rick, VE7TK

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn