ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Fldigi translating problem

Dec 26th 2019, 14:07

NC4WX

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I have an Icom IC-7200 and am trying to get Fldigi to work. I am using an older computer with Windows 7. I have followed the instructions in the Fldigi manual to setup the system...did not work. I have viewed the You Tube video by N3JF on setting up the IC7200 and Fldigi and followed the instructions carefully, still did not work.
When tuning into the ARRL (or any other) digital broadcast all I get is random letters, numbers and symbols. I have gone through the setup procedure twice. Any suggestions?
Dec 26th 2019, 16:17

W1VT

Super Moderator

http://www.arrl.org/digital-transmissions
RTTY is typically received using LSB by convention. You will need to adjust the software if you want to use USB.

Zak W1VT
Dec 26th 2019, 16:54

NC4WX

Thanks for the reply. I was using PSK16 per ARRL site instructions. Also whenever I tried any other transmissions the only mode that would "work" was PSK16 or 30 but still with garbled translations. I'm at my frustration point and considering going back and relearn CW...I was at 15 wpm years ago.
Dec 26th 2019, 17:14

W1VT

Super Moderator

I just caught the last few minutes of the RTTY bulletin and it seemed to be just fine. My dial was set to 14.097 LSB and I was using MMTTY.

The most popular mode by far right now is FT8 using WSJT. Most of the DX-peditions have switched from RTTY to FT8. As far as I can tell there is watering hole of 40 PSK31 activity, so I would suggest 20M as a better band to find contacts.

Zak W1VT
ARRL Senior Lab Engineer

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn