ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Logbook of the World

Feb 11th 2012, 20:11

K1DFT

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I just recently tried uploading some of my paper logs to LOTW. I never could because apparently it requires a TSQ.8 file or something like that format but no one anywhere tells you what this is or how to create it. I found by searching the WEB that LOTW wants files in an ADI format. So I downloaded a neat little program that use Excell to create the required format. I entered my info from my paper logs and followed directions and uploaded my ADI format file. I then got the dreaded "This is not a TQSL format file" message AGAIN. I think I will give it up and go back to my old method. If you want a QSL from me just send me one with a SASE I will send you out one. This LOTW thing is to complicated, If they really wanted to make it user friendly they should have included a data entry window that allows you make electronic logs from your paper logs and create the right format for uploading right within LOTW instead of wasting my time.
Feb 13th 2012, 18:14

WB1GCM

Super Moderator

Have you tried using the LoTW Tutorial available on our web site?
It clearly explains what the TQ8 file contains and how it's created with the LotW software:

http://www.arrl.org/logbook-of-the-world

You must attach the TQ8 file to your ADI or Cabrillo log file in order to upload your QSOs into the system.
I am forwarding your forum question to the LoTW staff here at HQ. If you have any questions about LoTW, we have the staff here that will patiently work with you to get set up. If you know how to save a file and find it again in your computer, you can do LoTW.

I urge you to call 860-594-0295. A very helpful YL or a very helpful gent will help you get started. They want you to be happy and enjoy LoTW.

Bob Allison
WB1GCM
ARRL Test Engineer
Feb 13th 2012, 18:24

W1VT

Super Moderator

DX Keeper may meet your needs.

http://www.arrl.org/files/file/LoTW%20Resources/DX%20Keeper.pdf
Here is a PDF on how to set it up for LOTW

Zack Lau W1VT
ARRL Senior Lab Engineer
Feb 14th 2012, 16:25

K1DFT

I have downloaded a version of AC log but it will of course only run on my windows machines. I had hoped to do all this on my Mac.. Now that I am registed on the mac what do I have to do to register this laptop windows box (I don't like to put windows machines on the internet because of all the junk out there the apple mac handles it better with all the spyware etc.) I was able to sign on to LOTW from this laptop with no problem but I did not try to load any logs up.
I tried calling that number 860-594-0295.. NO answer.
Feb 14th 2012, 17:35

K1DFT

OK, I made a log using N3JP's software, moved my trusted QSL file over to the windows computer and tried uploading this log. Of course nothing happened. I have to say, you guys sure know how to make something complicated. You should keep to the KISS principle. This is ONLY a hobby.
Feb 15th 2012, 14:19

WB1GCM

Super Moderator

My Mistake, LoTW phone number is 860-594-0290, NOT 0295.

I'm very sorry about that!

Bob
Feb 16th 2012, 17:46

we0dx

In mac is more simple to setup LoTW with Aether: http://aetherlog.com/ it will be even more straight forward than in windows and AC log... But as all windows to mac transition I had to get used to it since things are done a little different (aether vs ACLog)... Drop me a message if you want, I thing I can give you a hand...
wp3me.pr (at) gmail.com

73's
Mar 8th 2012, 10:14

KA7RRA

I had LOTW but it was confusing cumbersom to us it sucked
ARRL needs to make setup a lot eaiser

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn