ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Assisted Category Questions

Feb 15th 2012, 18:48

Macromancer

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
The recent thread on contesting ethics prompted me to start a thread on two questions that I have regarding the unassited category:

I have been operating low power, single op, unassisted, all bands, ssb only mode in contests. I am totally comfortable that I have participated unassisted and followed the rules, etc.

Question number 1: I frequently encounter multiop stations that umprompted will say "We're also working 10m on XYZ". Working unassisted, I don't act on this information. Is my assumption correct that if I were to log the station on the freq they mentioned, it would invalidate my unassisted status, even if I run across them while using S&P in the 10m band sometime later in the contest?

Question number 2: While participating single op, unassisted, all bands, ssb only, can I run JT65 mode with a second transceiver, or does that put me in the single op, two radios category? I'm thinking JT65 activity, pskreporter, etc. could be helpful in determining good band openings during DX contests.

Thanks
KK4CIS
Alan

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn