ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Programing

Mar 21st 2012, 02:14

Jimc621

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I have a new WOUXUN KG - UVD1P.

Does anyone know of a place in central Florida that I can go too, to help me program this I have tried so many time's I have lost count.

If this is in the wrong forum I'm sorry about that
and please forward it to the proper place.

Thanks
Jim Russell KK4FGS
Mar 21st 2012, 12:51

WB1GCM

Super Moderator

Jim,

Try purchasing the the programming cable; it's available for under $20 and the programming software is free on line; the software will make programming a lot easier.

I reviewed this HT in the November 2010 issue of QST. I found programming this HT manually was confusing and cumbersome, though it can be done with practice. It's just best to use the programming software.

Don't feel too bad, Jim. A lot of hams complain that many HTs are hard to program.

Bob Allison, WB1GCM
ARRL Test Engineer
Mar 21st 2012, 23:45

KB0HAE

Hi Jim. If you join the Yahoo group for this radio, there are a couple of things that may help. A ham recently uploaded an improved manual, and there is an eyes free guide. Both of these are probably better than the poorly translated manual that comes with the radio.

That said, I prefer to use the programming cable and free software. The Yahoo group is pretty helpful too.

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn