ARRL

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

rf filters from RadioShack any good?

Apr 25th 2012, 14:43

k7gav

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
hi guy's. morning everyone i have a question about rf filters from RadioShack selling price is 8.99 i'm not getting into other residents tv sets. Should i buy these filters to prevent rf scatter from my ts2000. hf rig there are three floors full of residents hear where i live no one is complaining at all when i use 10 meters ssb should i talk with W7RVC about it to see what he has to say. I want to prevent rf scatter just thought i would ask you guy's this question please pm me if you think i'am right 73 de K7GAV
Apr 26th 2012, 18:25

WA0CBW

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I'm not sure what RF filters from Radio Shack you may be talking about. In general today's HF radios don't produce "splatter" (usually caused by excessive drive or ALC) if tuned up properly. It is possible you could interfere with radios and TV's because of the higher power (100 watts) because some of those devices are not manufactured to reject 100 watt transmitters that are close by. In this case filters would not help but reducing the power might.

BB