ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Where to Start CW\linux radio

Jun 25th 2012, 19:33

KK4IKU

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I won't to build a small radio for CW that works with a Linux computer for the coding and decoding. What I envision is a very small all in one computer/radio that I can use to send and receive cw.

Thanks for you help 73's

KK4IKU

Tom
Jun 26th 2012, 13:28

N0NB

I think just about anything you can feed to a sound card will work with Fldigi. The CW modem was recently updated in Fldigi as I recall so it should do well.

73, de Nate >>
N0NB.us
Jul 5th 2012, 02:21

KF5QEO

Hmmm, that'd be a cool idea for a radio... Find a company to make an all-band/all-mode radio that is designed on a PCI card with a connector for jumpering the audio out to the cd-rom jack on the motherboard. Have a jack for an external mike (maybe even use a 4-pin mike adapter as well...) Software could be setup to use your computer as a radio, use the microphone with echo link, have your computer send CW and translate, program according to the band plan automatically limiting modes and power accordingly, blocking out frequencies automatically which you don't have privilage to use.... I know, the cost would be outrageous!

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn