ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

New LOG4OM software release

Jul 19th 2012, 18:29

G4POP

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I assisted Simon Brown to develop HRD for seven years but when the program was sold and became a commercial entity I started looking for a worthy replacement.

Six weeks ago I found LOG4OM which is written by a brilliant and enthusiastic Italian programmer and radio amateur Daniele Pistolatto IW3HMH and I was astounded at how far he had progressed is such a short period of time.

Fortunately Daniele was happy to have some assistance with developement so my good friend K7PT and I have joined forces with him to drive the software towards being one of the top FREE ham radio software packages available.

The latest version of LOG4OM has now been released here http://www.pisto.it/wordpress/log4om-en/

Here are the release notes for fixes and new features implemented since the last Beta release

Two new features were added..

1. Added Browser tab to main screen and cluster window buttons now provide a lookup facility in this browser with either QRZ.com or HamQTH

2. User now has a facility to send DX Spots directly from input screen

These issues were fixed.....

CAT - Rig control from the QSO Info (F1) window changes cluster mode
CAT - Cat selection "Cat will now switch to Digital"
CAT - CAT control via OmniRig with ICOM7410: Cluster spot sets for digital either CW-R or RTTY-R
Cluster - Persistency of cluster settings now saved
Cluster - Cluster Tab F9 settings now persistant.
Cluster - Digital mode caused cluster filter in main screen to change to SSB portion of the band
Cluster - Cluster log on commands for VE7CC now has user defined option
External Services - Default country data base updated
Import / Export - ADIF export and import now handling correctly
(county)
Import / Export - Export of Adif from Alpha 2 prior to import to problems fixed.
Import / Export - Import of ADIF with QSO's above 6 meters fixed
Import / Export - ADIF import text file now saved
Import / Export - FLdigi ADIF import problem fixed
Import / Export - QSL sent date now correct
Import / Export - ADIF import fields fixed
Label printing - Label print now working, caused system to hang, then exception error and crash
Statistics and Awards - Report Printing layout foxed
User Interface - Integrated browser page added
User Interface - Call and country identity with slash calls now works
User Interface - Added a TEN TEN input field to the archive manager edit screeen.
User Interface - Multiple database backups no longer deleted
User Interface - After new adif import from previous version, freqs are now correct
User Interface - Reorder selections in alphabetical order
User Interface - Log4OM cluster window the "connection" run script logon issue fixed
User Interface - Resent QSO display has no State field display fixed
User Interface -No 10-10 number field in the Recent QSO window fixed
User Interface -Backup file names need to identify database fixed
User Interface -Trying to add country in settings causes exception error now fixed
User Interface - Date and time format different in different windows fixed
User Interface - TEN TEN is now in the configuration windows and can now be added to data base
User Interface - Comments field needs expanding and changing to uper and lower case fixed
User Interface - Frequency display standardisation between input window and recent QSO window fixed
User Interface - Bulk deleting now possible
User Interface - Log Display missing after ADIF import into MySQL now fixed

We have five very minor issues to resolve before we start our program of adding new features.

Our policy is everything stops if a bug is identified and untill that bug is resolved we will not progress a new feature, this way we keep right on top of any user issues.

73 Terry G4POP

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn