ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

2m/440 base antenna suggestions??

Aug 5th 2012, 15:33

KD4RDS

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I'm in the beginning stages of getting back into amateur/ham radio on an active basis. I've been licensed for close to 20 years, but only operated mobile primarily when I was at work. My job put me in a car all day, every day. A transfer about 8 or so years ago took me out of the car and in the office. As a result, my mobile equipment was stored where it has stayed until this week. I have a dual band mobile, 10m mobile, a power supply, and a dual band magnetic mount antenna. That's the sum total of my equipment. Well I've set it up in my "office" at home with the power supply hooked to the dual band mobile with the magnetic mount mobile antenna sitting on the table. And it has worked which made me happy considering how long it had been in storage. But, I know that's not a good long term choice for an antenna for the dual band and I have none for the 10m. I've been looking and surveying the last couple of days as to a good, affordable choice of base antennas for these radios. I realize good and affordable is not always in the same ballpark, but I'm trying to come to a happy medium. I plan to use a couple of the "flat ribbon" window pass throughs as opposed to breaching the walls of the house. I'm looking for something that I can mast mount between my office windows and my driveway and pass through the "ribbon" pass throughs. I'd really like to keep it to a hundred an antenna if possible, but don't know if that's possible. By that I mean antenna alone cost. I'm looking for suggestions as to something you think might fit my bill.

Thanks

Barney Barnhardt
KD4RDS

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn