ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

First rig - IC-22U aux socket vs microphone

Sep 2nd 2012, 21:59

KC8YOS

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Hi all,

I'm finally getting a chance to put together my first rig, and if I can get it up and running, I plan on using it in my college physics class as a teaching tool.

I picked up an IC-22U a number of years back, and I plan to do phone and packet for a start, and CW later once I set up a horizontal antenna. I'd like to have the mic up front, and the TNC coming out the aux socket (and a CW key later). I'm having a devil of a time finding info on this rig other than reviews and the manual.

So, is the pinout for the microphone the same as the aux socket? It's also possible I'm being a clueless newbie, and I have no ego to bruise.

Thanks for any advice!

Patrick
KC8YOS
Sep 3rd 2012, 18:37

W1VT

Super Moderator

Hi Patrick,

According to the Icom manual, the accessory socket isn't wired by the factory, but by the user. Thus, unless the previous owner documented what he did, nobody knows how your rig is wired.

Zack Lau W1VT
ARRL Senior Lab Engineer

Oct 22nd 2012, 22:28

K7EVI

This seems to be a current thread, I have the IC-22S. I got it at the recent Spokane EWA hamfest. It has been modified and not documented that I can find. Is there a schematic available for this PDF? The Icom/jp site is not translated for me, and it appears there is nothing on it there anyway. Thanks Doug K7EVI
Oct 22nd 2012, 22:43

W1VT

Super Moderator

You can download manuals from mods.dk

It is a free site, but you have a very limited number of downloads per day. You can pay for more access. You may want to download the schematic first, before you use up your daily quota.

http://www.mods.dk/manual.php?brand=icom

Zack Lau W1VT
ARRL Senior Lab Engineer

Oct 22nd 2012, 23:06

K7EVI

Thanks. I did try that before, but I forgot to sign in first, and since I had clicked on the download it said I used my quota for the 4 days. This time I signed in and then went for the download and got it! Now to get it connected and going. The schematic answered my questions! I do like having discrete parts!

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn