ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Easy DC power supply connections

Dec 5th 2012, 21:51

K7QCZ

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I have a single 35 amp 13.8 V linear power supply with only two terminals. I need to power my At Auto tuner, an antenna switch, my HF transceiver and my VHF/UHF transceiver. Any suggestions on how to connect everything listed to a single power supply?

Occasionally, I will take my HF rig portable requiring me to disconnect from the power supply. I have a small switching power supply I use for portable operation.

I need something that is easy to disconnect because of my disability I have my wife do all of the connecting and disconnecting etc.
Dec 5th 2012, 22:28

W1VT

Super Moderator

West Mountain Radio sells connection boxes using Anderson Powerpoles to do precisely what you want--similar boxes can also be homebrewed.

http://www.westmountainradio.com/content.php?page=RIGrunner

Zack Lau W1VT
ARRL Senior Lab Engineer
Dec 6th 2012, 21:00

KB0HAE

Hi. If the power supplies have terminals like a bolt with nuts and washers, several sets of Anderson Powerpoles conected to ring terminals using appropriate sized wires could be connected to each power supply. Then Anderson powerpoles could be installed on the power cords of the devices to be powered from the supply(s). That is what I have done here.

If you are unsure of your abilities to do such a project, perhaps a local Ham could help. Or maybe the West Mountain Radio products would be the best option. Only you know your abilities, only you can decide whats the best solution for you.

Just my 2 cents...

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn