ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Digital QST on Android Firefox

Dec 18th 2012, 18:24

AG4PJ

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Has anyone successfully accessed Digital QST on Android using Firefox? My experience is that it briefly shows a thumbnail of the cover and appears to begin to load, but then goes to a blank screen with 6 small white rectangles in the upper left hand corner that turn blue when touched, but do nothing else. I've seen this on two different devices running two different Android versions (GB and ICS). Can access QST using the stock Android browser, but would prefer to use Firefox. Thanks!
Dec 19th 2012, 19:16

aa6e

Looks like Android/Firefox & digi-QST are incompatible, at least on my Android v4.2 on the Nexus 7. This may be related to the support (or lack thereof) of Flash & Flash plug-in under Firefox / Android. QST does work under Chrome, though not perfectly.

Digital QST on a small screen browser ( 7") is problematic. You really want nicely flowed text, but that could mean lots of changes in QST production. A proper Android app should be a lot better if / when that arrives.

73 Martin AA6E
Oct 27th 2013, 04:24

timbacchus

Quote by AG4PJ
Has anyone successfully accessed Digital QST on Android using Firefox? My experience is that it briefly shows a thumbnail of the cover and appears to begin to load, but then goes to a blank screen with 6 small white rectangles in the upper left hand corner that turn blue when touched, but do nothing else. I've seen this on two different devices running two different Android versions (GB and ICS). Can access QST using the stock Android browser, but would prefer to use Firefox. Thanks!

Same happening with my android app. date is 10/27/2013 have not had any good help from arrl on the problem. I see that many are having same problem but arrl cannot duplicate it. I have the lasted version of android but cannot open any of the mags. just down load or read and get blank white page.

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn