ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Kenwood AT200 tuner operation

Jan 14th 2013, 23:11

AB3UP

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Hello my name is Dave KB3ZTN
I just acquired an AT200 tuner , I am not familiar with this tuner and would like someone that owns one of these tuners to give me step by step operation of this tuner . I have an 80 meter dipole 65' up and a dummy load connected to the tuner . I'm using this tuner in conjunction with an kenwood st820s. I am familiar with the setup and operation of the 820s . Any help will be appreciated .

73's Dave KB3ZTN
Jan 15th 2013, 13:53

W1VT

Super Moderator

http://www.kg6haf.com/downloads/AT-200_Manual.pdf
The instruction manual...

Zack Lau W1VT
ARRL Senior Lab Engineer
Jan 15th 2013, 21:36

AB3UP

I have the manual and to say the least it's vague I need more in depth help . Someone who ownes this tuner
Jan 17th 2013, 03:22

KB0HAE

Choose your band and frequency on the radio. Set the Ant switch to Dum. Set the range switch to 200W. Set the FWD/REF switch to FWD. Set the Power/SWR switch to Power. Tune the radio as shown in it's manual. AT NO TIME DURING THIS PROCEDURE SHOULD YOU TRANSMIT LONGER THAN 10 SECONDS. LET THE RADIO COOL FOR 30 SECONDS BETWEEN 10 SECOND TRANSMISSIONS. Set the ANT switch to Ant1 on the Through setting. Set the Power/SWR switch to SWR. Set the SWR/CAL switch to CAL. Key the radio (in cw mode) and adjust the CAL knob for a full scale reading on the tuner's meter. Unkey the radio. Set the SWR/CAL switch to SWR. Set the FWD/REF switch to REF. Key the radio and read the SWR on the meter. Unkey the radio. If it is 1.5 or less, you are ready to operate.

If it is higher than 1.5, set the Ant switch to Ant1 on the Matching position. Set the Band switch to the same band as the radio. Key the radio and adjust the R Tune and X Tune alternately for the lowest meter reading. Unkey the radio. You may have to go back and forth between the Tune controls several times. Set the FWD/REF switch to FWD. Set the SWR/CAL switch to CAL. Key the radio and adjust the CAL knob for a full scale reading. Unkey the radio. Set the SWR/CAL switch to SWR, and the FWD/REF switch to REF. Key the radio, and read the SWR. Unkey the radio. If the SWR is less than 1.5 you are ready to operate.
Feb 20th 2013, 08:22

AB3UP

Thanks KB0HAE , I did get it figured out , but before I read your post ,it confirms that I am doing it correctly , 73's KB3ZTN

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn