ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

My license, printed one is ok?

Feb 15th 2013, 16:49

Bart_KJ6BWB

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
So, to take an upgrade test I need to show my license. For this purpose, a printed license from the FCC website at http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=3128587 would be just fine, because it has my FRN on it, right?

To get a license plate with my call sign on it, I also need to send a copy of my license to the California DMV. There's no other place to print off a more "official" looking license like that one that I received in the mail years ago (and promptly lost), so I should just send them the one from the FCC website and hope they accept it?
Feb 18th 2013, 04:07

K0STK

Have you tried asking your local license plate issuing authority?

If you need a duplicate license visit http://wireless.fcc.gov/uls and click the "Log In" button next to "Online Filing" to use the License Manager. You will need your FRN and the associated password to log-in. There are links on the License Manager log-in page to help you recover the password associated with your FRN.

Once you're in the License Manager click the "Request Duplicates" link under "My Licenses" in the menu on the left side of the page to request a duplicate copy of your license.
Mar 14th 2013, 19:46

Bart_KJ6BWB

The printed one from the FCC website worked just fine. Well, they initially kicked it back, I reprinted it using the browser so that it had all the pretty pictures and blue bits here and there that are stripped out if you click the print button on the website, and the CA DMV accepted it. I received my plates a couple days ago and they look snazzy. :D

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn