ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Linux Mint and LotW

Apr 16th 2013, 02:01

K2ADK

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I thought I knew Linux...when I used Ubuntu. Now I'm using Linux Mint, similar to Ubuntu, but much more user-friendly. In fact, I don't have to ever install anything: it's already there. And so when I tried doing the install for TQSL and other resources for LotW in Linux, I got flummoxed.

Can anyone help me here? I do all my logging in CQRLOG.

Emmett
K2ADK
Apr 16th 2013, 18:04

aa6e

Hi Emmett

I installed a copy of Mint, because I'm interested in other distros. (My base system is Ubuntu.)

It looks like Mint is almost identical with Ubuntu, as far as software downloading is concerned. You install TrustedQSL the same way.

Running Terminal (i.e., command line), type 'sudo aptitude install trustedqsl' and everything should download OK. The two programs are tqslcert and tqsl. You can make desktop icons for them, but they're not provided automatically.

73 Martin AA6E
ARRL Technical Advisor
Apr 18th 2013, 23:02

K2ADK

I give up. I have both programs installed, but every time I try to load my certificate I get a path error. Also, when I try to extract the .tq6 file, I get an error. LotW is way, WAY more trouble than it is worth to me, but thanks for trying.
Apr 19th 2013, 00:46

aa6e

I understand that new versions of the LoTW clients are in the works. They should be a big improvement.

Martin

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn