ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

HF VERTICAL ANTENNA COMET CHA-250B

Apr 28th 2013, 14:59

HK5FCI

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Good morning. I´m thinking about purchasing the above antenna and I´d like to hear the experience of those of you that own it, as to performance. TKS
May 2nd 2013, 19:03

KB3IKD

It works. I was surprised how I got out on 160 meters. I live in the Baltimore, MD. area and can talk to Hams in Penna. 20 meters is the strongest I think. Along with 17 meters & 15 meters. It works on 40 and 75/80 meters they can hear you. I've worked DX with the antenna. Italy, Germany, and England. Cuba and Puerto Rico and Spain and U.S. Virgin Islands and Nova Scotia. This is a compromise antenna, it will get you on the air, nothing spectacular as your are limited to 250 watts. Mine has held up in the strongest wind and was easy to put up, I did it myself. It costs nearly $500, pricey. Pay attention as to the height you erect it according to instructions. Eddie Briggs KB3IKD Dundalk, Maryland
Nov 13th 2013, 19:20

KT8DX

Likewise, mine works pretty well. I had it mounted on a 17 x 17 foot chain link fence and got out well. I currently have it ground mounted on a post sunk into the ground and performance isn't quite a good, but still acceptable. I'm planning on running some radials to mimic the fence to see if performance improves. Note that this is a compromise antenna from beginning to end. With that being said, it does work and is often the best, if not only solution. Hope this helps.

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn