ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

20-40-80 folded dipole

Jun 19th 2013, 19:37

w6glk

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I have a 20-40-80 folded dipole bought several yearl ago. I can't find one like this advertised anywhere and would lile to get another one identicle to it to experiment with two similar antennas. Does anyone have such an antenna they would like to part with or does anyone know where I could get one like this one? It has a balun to connect 75 ohm coax in the lower center point and presumably a loading coil at the upper center point. The wire is stainless steel multistrand held apart by pvc pipe. If I knew what to wind for the loading coil I could make another close enough on the assumption that the balum is a 4:1.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks.

Ray
Jun 20th 2013, 14:47

W1VT

Super Moderator

The antenna your remember was made by MorGain--which is now out of business.

http://www.k1jek.com/
The Cobra series of antennas is similar.

Zack Lau W1VT
ARRL Senbior Lab Engineer
Jun 27th 2013, 18:50

KF5QEO

In a book I got from ARRL they have a clothes line antenna. It amounts to a Folded Dipole that is mounted on pulleys that you change the band it is resonnent on via moving the feed point closer or further away from the ends. Nifty idea, and I understand you can buy them pre-built. Folks say they used them in the military.

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn