ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

LOTW upload of Field Day Cabrillo?

Jun 27th 2013, 22:53

N5EG

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I did not see an ARRL forum for LOTW.

Our loggers created Cabrillo files for our phone and cw stations this weekend.

When I try to sign-and-upload to LOTW using TSQL 1.14.1, TQSL says that "ARRL-FIELD-DAY" is an invalid contest name (that's the exact string that came out of two different logging programs). In looking through the Cabrillo V2 and V3 specifications, I cannot find Field Day listed as a valid value for the contest name. Since I don't have ADIF files, how do I upload these contacts to LOTW?

-- Tom, N5EG
Jun 28th 2013, 01:09

N5EG

Was able to convert the files to ADIF using CAB2ADIF. However it took several hours to figure out how.

No matter what I did, CAB2ADIF kept giving errors that the input file was not found. I reformatted the name to 8.3 all upper case format, with a CAB suffix. Put the program and the files in the C: root directory, still nothing worked. Always got Cabrillo input file not found.

Turns out one of the logging program puts the Cabrillo Header lines in a different order and CAB2ADIF when reading the file gives a "file not found" error rather than "file found, but header wrong". Not too helpful.

Tried a bunch of Cabrillo files until I found one that could read sucessfully, then hand-edited the actual Field Day logs (CW, and Phone) to have the exact same order and sequence as the one file that would read sucessfully. Didn't change the information, just the line order. Then it sucessfully converted the CW (N3FJP) and Phone (N1MM) logs each to ADIF after which TQSL uploaded OK. Ten percent of the QSO's immediately matched in LOTW.

-- Tom, N5EG
Mar 27th 2014, 13:29

N1ND

Field Day is not supported by Cabrillo because the header does not include all of the required information for reporting the entry. We do accept The Cabrillo file in lieu of the required dupe sheets but all Field Day submissions are required to send either a paper summary sheet available on the ARRL Website or to submit the summary sheet using the web applet found at www.b4h.net/cabforms
Dan Henderson, N1ND, Interim Co-manager ARRL Contest Department

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn