ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

ICOM Replacement parts

Sep 11th 2013, 00:14

KB0WCY

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I am looking for a eplacement part for my ICOM 2000H. The company said they cannot sell me parts to replace the inside section that holds the Power button in place. Just behind the front face on the inside is a small strip of plastic that holds the power button in place. I guess old age has caught up on the button strip and it broke away from the strip. Where can I locate this part to restore it because it is a good mobile VHF radio and I cannot see getting a new one because the little strip (or holder) broke. Hope someone knows wher I can locate one.
Sep 11th 2013, 10:37

W1VT

Super Moderator

Normally, the only practical source is an old "parts radio" that is unrepairable. Some people will actually buy broken radios on Ebay for just this purpose--repairing an old radio that they like.

Another option may be to glue it in place, perhaps with hot melt glue, or with glue and a simple homebrew version of the broken part.

Zack Lau W1VT
ARRL Senior Lab Engineer

Sep 13th 2013, 11:07

KB0WCY

Thank you for your reply Zack. I will look around on EBAY. I had the MHz button go out on this radio also but was able to obtain that strip from ICOM but this one is not available. I tried to glue that button but it did not hold.
73 Rich KB0WCY
May 25th 2014, 23:41

K6PDGCA

Have you considered a 3D printed part? Hackerspaces often have a printer and people who know how to use it to replace parts such as yours.

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn