ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

flex1500 + VAC software

Sep 26th 2013, 19:14

M0ELS

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Hi all, Just joined the ARRL.
Has anyone got a step by step setup proceedure for making these two work together to control say WSPR software. I have been trying to get it working for a long time, but no can do.

Thanks
John - M0ELS
Oct 2nd 2013, 09:20

M0ELS

I am still trying to get this working, but it does not want to know my problems. I am going to give this a miss and wait until the flex1500 come out with a suitable port or someone does a mod.
Mar 6th 2014, 20:47

zl3dw

Hi I used to use VAC with my Flex1500 and now use it with my ANAN-100 (no changes required to VAC). You are not specific about the problem. You do need to register VAC at around $45 I think. There are other VAC type programs. You need to set up two VAC audio channels. On your PowerSDR set VAC1 audio out to the VACdigital channel 1 and VAC1 audio in to VACdigital channel 2. On your WSPR or digi-mode set them the otherway around the Digimode input is on VACdigital channel 1 and the Digimode output is on VACdigital channel 2. PTT is independent of VAC and done via COM port.
Apr 7th 2014, 19:19

M0ELS

Hi, Well I have tried endlessly to get it working with programs like cw skimmer, faros, fldigi and wspr/wsjt. Before I go further, let me say that I have a medical problem due to getting chickenpox aged 45 and struggle with rubbing two pennies together in sync...hi

I purchased a copy of VAC software and need someone to help me perhaps via skype to set this all up. Concentration is my worst enemy. If anyone can help my sky id is m0els-uk

John

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn