ARRL

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Contest Results Waiting Record

Sep 29th 2013, 09:10

AH6OY

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Just wondering what is the usual length of time for contest results to be posted in a contest like the IOTA contest of July 2013. A G3 friend and me are running out of jokes about the waiting period. It's been over 2 months now.
Oct 2nd 2013, 19:48

N1TA

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Every contest is different. I cannot answer for the IOTA contest, as that is administered by the RSGB (not the ARRL). You will find the average seems to be about 7 months, and even longer for the major DX contests. I am not aware of any large contest that can turn results around within two months.

Decreasing this wait period is the current goal of most contest organizers. We are working here to publish results for our contests more quickly, and the widespread use of computer logging is making that increasingly easier. However, keep in mind that faster results often means shorter deadlines for entry submissions, and some operators still use paper logging for submission.

Mike N1TA
ARRL Contest Branch Manager