|Joined:||Sat, Apr 4th 1998, 00:00||Roles:||N/A||Moderates:||N/A|
|Digital QST Survey||KE1CY||on 5/4/13|
|I have to agree with some of the comments above.
1) My primary and secondary computer systems are linux based. Regardless of what some people may think, :FLASH" on Ubuntu 12.10 or 12.04 is NOT stable under firefox, and there is no solution for it yet. (Problem first reported in November 2012.)
2) I have IOS based devices, and QST is totally unreadable there as well--- the print is way, way to small. (If you really want to have fun, try reading it on an iPhone. By the time you finish any article, including the letters to editor column, you will have no idea what the material was about, especially after flicking your fingers to expand the text to a readable size - not to mention pure page navigation.)
3) I do have a windows XP system available to me, running under VirtualBox. Eventhough I have multiple monitors, I have not been able to find a way to span monitors with Windows under VirtualBox. Under VMware, it would span monitors, but VMware no longer functions...
4) I, too, would prefer that QST be available under PDF, but understand why ARRL might not want to do so at thjis time --- primarly DRM rights.
5) When I first heard about the digital QST, I expressed my opinion about LINIX support - and was promptly ignored.
6) And before anyone thinks that I and some others are against "anything new", I'd just like to say that I have been in "Information Technology" for more than 50 years!
73, Bill wb4alm