|Joined:||Fri, Aug 13th 2004, 11:21||Roles:||N/A||Moderates:||N/A|
|Latest release of Log4OM||Aug 2nd 2014, 07:01||1||365||on 2/8/14|
|Free Log4OM Logging software Easter release.||Apr 18th 2014, 15:18||3||1,305||on 2/8/14|
|LOG4OM new release||Feb 4th 2013, 12:11||1||1,206||on 4/2/13|
|New LOG4OM software release||Jul 19th 2012, 18:29||1||2,317||on 19/7/12|
|Free Log4OM Logging software Easter release.||G4POP||on 2/8/14|
I am so sorry, I missed this post, still better late than never!
All windows versions from XP and later
No we don't have a Linux or OS X version
|Latest release of Log4OM||G4POP||on 2/8/14|
|The latest release of the free logging software Log4OM version 1.18 is now available for download here:
Eham reviews are here:
Log4OM has probably the most accurate call checking system available with very sophisticated award analysis and fully featured DX cluster with alerts.
The latest release builds on the existing functionality by adding these new features:
• Google Earth display of locator's, worked, QSL, LOTW, Eqsl and LOTW + QSL confirmed, in the QSO Archive manager.
• Automatic upload to the QRZ on line logbook.
• HRDLog and Clublog upload of a single QSO in Recent QSO’s and QSO Archive manager
• HRDLog and Clublog upload single QSO from QSL Manager, in addition to the existing auto upload to LOTW, eQSL, Clublog, HRDLog.net, HamQTH, QRZ logbook
• Automatic Award Recognition by reading comments in cluster a spot adds the award reference(s) to the QSO “Award program” list when a spot is double clicked.
• New search for award description or code function to QSO award management in QSO entry screen.
• Added a PTT button on the toolbar
• When entering a SOTA contact the Locator for a QSO is now set by using the data from the SOTA reference, not from the normal look up routine.
Full user guide can be downloaded and one to one support, which is also free, is available on the Log4OM forum here:
73 Terry G4POP
Log4OM Development Team
|Free Log4OM Logging software Easter release.||G4POP||on 18/4/14|
|This weekend we are releasing the latest update of the free logging software Log4OM V.1.17 that contains many new and unique features.
Free download at: http://www.pisto.it/wordpress/log4om-en/
User manual at: http://www.pisto.it/wordpress/log4om-en/
Log4OM user forum at: http://www.pisto.it/forum/
New features in this release.
• Full support of SOTA with integration to the SOTA Mapping Project and a specific export/import facility for SOTA CSV’s – See detailed information below.
• New award manager for user-defined awards added together with a set of basic awards e.g. WAB, WAI, IIA, WFF, NATS, World lighthouses and more.
• SOTA and the new user defined awards results are displayed in the ‘Statistics and Awards’ windows.
• Integration with HRDLog online net facility added to the Log4om Net Control.
• LOTW ADIF download now updates award status.
• Added WAC Award support.
• Added CQ WAZ Award support.
• New upload of LOTW and EQSL QSO status to HRDLOG added.
• New FISTS, FISTS_CC & SKCC support.
• Added TX power settings below 1W (Mw).
• Complete automatic backup & restore of user configuration data added.
• Integration of the IK3QAR QSL manager database information in the Log4OM Label printing system for more accurate manager data.
• Added an automatic backup when opening another logbook without closing Log4OM
• Added support for ADIF 3.0.x (import/export)
SOTA support in detail
The latest version of this free logging software Log4OM provides full SOTA support for chasers, activators and S2S
We decided to not just include the new ADIF fields for SOTA, as most other software developers do, instead we enhanced the basic ADIF fields by including many extra features:
• The full summit list of all SOTA Associations and all of the summits worldwide enables instant SOTA reference lookup whilst adding the QSO.
• The user can add updated summit lists downloaded from SOTA at any time.
• SOTA CSV export already correctly formatted for instant upload to SOTA, no external software required for conversion.
• Import of downloaded SOTA CSV’s from the SOTA site can be directly imported into the Log4om logbook and existing QSO’s updated with the SOTA data.
• By clicking a SOTA reference in Log4OM the SOTA Associations, Regions and summits can be viewed in interactive maps online in the "SOTA Mapping Project" The maps provide a wealth of information, from summit positions, activation status and panoramic views, real-time spots of SOTA activations, user-defined tracks and routes to users' favorite summits, and much more.
• Supports Chasers, Activators & S2S activities.
• Full statistic analysis by band, mode, association(s), date range and worked/confirmed status for all three SOTA activities.
• DX Cluster can be filtered for SOTA activities
• Log4OM cluster alerts can be configured to alert of a SOTA activity by email, push alert to mobile phone of tablet, audio and on screen warnings
Log4OM Development Team
|LOG4OM new release||G4POP||on 4/2/13|
|The latest release today of the free LOG4OM logging software now includes a unique Net Control program which can be used by controllers and participants alike.
LOG4OM also now includes the start of our SO2R support which will be enhanced during coming months.
This new release and updated user guide, which details the new features, is available now and can be downloaded free from.....
There are several more program enhancement in the latest release all of which are detailed in the user guide.
|New LOG4OM software release||G4POP||on 19/7/12|
|I assisted Simon Brown to develop HRD for seven years but when the program was sold and became a commercial entity I started looking for a worthy replacement.
Six weeks ago I found LOG4OM which is written by a brilliant and enthusiastic Italian programmer and radio amateur Daniele Pistolatto IW3HMH and I was astounded at how far he had progressed is such a short period of time.
Fortunately Daniele was happy to have some assistance with developement so my good friend K7PT and I have joined forces with him to drive the software towards being one of the top FREE ham radio software packages available.
The latest version of LOG4OM has now been released here http://www.pisto.it/wordpress/log4om-en/
Here are the release notes for fixes and new features implemented since the last Beta release
Two new features were added..
1. Added Browser tab to main screen and cluster window buttons now provide a lookup facility in this browser with either QRZ.com or HamQTH
2. User now has a facility to send DX Spots directly from input screen
These issues were fixed.....
CAT - Rig control from the QSO Info (F1) window changes cluster mode
CAT - Cat selection "Cat will now switch to Digital"
CAT - CAT control via OmniRig with ICOM7410: Cluster spot sets for digital either CW-R or RTTY-R
Cluster - Persistency of cluster settings now saved
Cluster - Cluster Tab F9 settings now persistant.
Cluster - Digital mode caused cluster filter in main screen to change to SSB portion of the band
Cluster - Cluster log on commands for VE7CC now has user defined option
External Services - Default country data base updated
Import / Export - ADIF export and import now handling correctly
Import / Export - Export of Adif from Alpha 2 prior to import to problems fixed.
Import / Export - Import of ADIF with QSO's above 6 meters fixed
Import / Export - ADIF import text file now saved
Import / Export - FLdigi ADIF import problem fixed
Import / Export - QSL sent date now correct
Import / Export - ADIF import fields fixed
Label printing - Label print now working, caused system to hang, then exception error and crash
Statistics and Awards - Report Printing layout foxed
User Interface - Integrated browser page added
User Interface - Call and country identity with slash calls now works
User Interface - Added a TEN TEN input field to the archive manager edit screeen.
User Interface - Multiple database backups no longer deleted
User Interface - After new adif import from previous version, freqs are now correct
User Interface - Reorder selections in alphabetical order
User Interface - Log4OM cluster window the "connection" run script logon issue fixed
User Interface - Resent QSO display has no State field display fixed
User Interface -No 10-10 number field in the Recent QSO window fixed
User Interface -Backup file names need to identify database fixed
User Interface -Trying to add country in settings causes exception error now fixed
User Interface - Date and time format different in different windows fixed
User Interface - TEN TEN is now in the configuration windows and can now be added to data base
User Interface - Comments field needs expanding and changing to uper and lower case fixed
User Interface - Frequency display standardisation between input window and recent QSO window fixed
User Interface - Bulk deleting now possible
User Interface - Log Display missing after ADIF import into MySQL now fixed
We have five very minor issues to resolve before we start our program of adding new features.
Our policy is everything stops if a bug is identified and untill that bug is resolved we will not progress a new feature, this way we keep right on top of any user issues.
73 Terry G4POP