|Joined:||Sat, Apr 4th 1998, 00:00||Roles:||N/A||Moderates:||N/A|
|Rotators for Amateur Radio||Aug 10th 2012, 03:03||2||1,175||on 10/8/12|
|Rotators for Amateur Radio||K8IT||on 10/8/12|
|With the current cost of antenna rotators and, the lack of new low cost products to replace the Alliance rotators and CDE product line, I would like to challenge the Amateur Community to design a low cost rotator.
The new rotator should have these criteria.
1) Upto 10 square feet wind load
2) Meter or digital control display
3) Mast or tower plate mounting
4) Optional computer control
5) Azimuth and elevation operation
6) Cost under $150
7) Designed to be reproduced by most amateurs with hand tools. All parts should be "off the shelf " and not custom.
All feedback on this subject is desired.
73 Neil K8IT