ARRL Card Checking at Dayton Hamvention
DXCC staff and volunteers will be checking cards at the 2008 Dayton Hamvention® during all hours of operation on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. ARRL DXCC Manager Bill Moore, NC1L, said, "Many hams travel from all over the world to attend Hamvention, so card checkers are especially busy." Card checkers will be checking cards for the following ARRL awards: DXCC, Worked All States (WAS), VHF/UHF Century Club (VUCC) and Worked All Continents (WAC). In order to help applicants and the card checkers through the process to avoid delays and allow the checkers to serve everyone, Moore offers the following tips:
• There is a 120 card limit per applicant.
• Make sure that cards are in proper order -- band first, then mode. Applicants should place cards with multiple QSOs at the end.
• The order on the record sheet must match the order of the cards. The latest forms are on the DXCC Web site.
• Have all paperwork completed before coming to the table, and make sure everything is legible.
• List only those QSOs for which you want credit.
• Applicants planning to do a hybrid application (paper application with Logbook of The World) should do the LoTW portion just prior to leaving for Dayton.
• Take a number.
• Stay in line.
• Notify the card checker of anything important before they start checking cards. The card checker, upon finishing checking the cards, will review any problem(s) with the applicant.
• Stay with the card checker until completion.
• Vendors may drop off their application to a checker and return later for pickup.
• The card checker will return your cards to you; DXCC staff will not keep any cards.
• The card checker will advise applicants of the final fees upon completion of the application.
• Payment is due upon completion of your application. Applicants may pay for their award in the following ways: Credit Card or Cash (US or Euro only), Check (from USA bank only), Money Order (US or International). DXCC will not bill applicants.
• For the latest fee information, please see DXCC Rule 15.
Moore advises that, if possible, applicants should bring a copy of their last credit slip. "Remember," Moore said, "if you are doing a hybrid application -- LoTW plus cards -- be sure you do the LoTW element prior to leaving for Hamvention."
If you have questions concerning the DXCC program, please contact DXCC desk via e-mail.