ARRL HQ Seeks Applicants for Media and Public Relations Manager
The League is currently looking to fill the position of Media and Public Relations Manager at ARRL Headquarters in Newington. Connecticut residency or the ability to relocate to Connecticut is required. The ARRL Media and Public Relations Manager is responsible for explaining the value of the Amateur Radio Service to the media and the general public, directly and through volunteers. Outstanding communications skills and the ability to train and motivate grassroots volunteers are required.
- Plan, develop and implement ARRL media and public relations strategy.
- Create annual department budget plan and control expenditures.
- Maintain awareness of contemporary media trends and options for efficient use of available resources.
- Train, motivate and inform public relations volunteers.
- Maintain up-to-date PR information on the ARRL website, as well in press kits and releases.
- Write and edit the ARRL Annual Report.
- Maintain lists of media contacts.
- Experience in public relations or journalism, preferably at the national level; degree in related field preferred.
- Knowledge of the news media and media operations.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and interact productively with people while under pressure and to meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Excellent research, written and verbal communications skills, including technical material.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, audio and video editing, and online social media.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in public speaking.
- History of successful volunteer recruitment and supervision.
Click here for more information and an application. To apply, please send your cover letter and resume via e-mail, or complete the application, print it out and mail it with your resume and cover letter to Monique Levesque, ARRL, 225 Main St, Newington, CT 06111. You can also fax your application, cover letter and resume to 860-594-0298. Please include your salary history and salary requirements. The application deadline is Monday, November 12. The ARRL is an equal opportunity employer.