QST Centennial Photo Contest Begins!
December 1 kicks off the QST Centennial Photo Contest to celebrate the 100th year of the ARRL’s membership journal (the first issue of QST was published in December 1915).
Between December 1, 2014 and August 1, 2015, ARRL members can submit photos for consideration as possible 2015 QST covers. In addition to having their photos grace QST covers, each winner will receive $250.
• Images must be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only one image can be submitted per e-mail message. You can submit multiple images during the contest period, but you can win only once.
• Images must be in JPG or TIF format at high resolution. However, image file sizes must not exceed 5 Mbytes.
• Do not send ZIP files. These will be rejected by the Headquarters e-mail system. Do not send links to file download sites. These will also be rejected.
• Include a few sentences with each e-mail describing the scenes shown, including names and call signs of individuals shown (if any).
• Images must not include text overlays of any kind, such as date or time stamps.
• Each submission e-mail must include the name and call sign of the photographer. Photographers must be ARRL members.
• If a photo includes anyone under the age of 18, you must submit proof (in writing, such as an e-mail) that the minor’s parents have granted permission for the image to be published.
• Photographers retain all copyrights. However, by submitting the image to the ARRL, the photographer grants the ARRL non-exclusive rights to the use of the image for any lawful purpose in any media now existing or yet to be invented. This applies to both winning and non-winning images.
• Winning images will be selected by the QST Editorial Staff.