Three Hams Venture to ISS Next Week
NASA will televise the launch and docking of the next mission to the International Space Station (ISS), scheduled for May 14. NASA Flight Engineer Joseph Acaba, KE5DAR, and his two Russian crewmates, Soyuz Commander Gennady Padalka, RN3DT, and Flight Engineer Sergei Revin, RN3BS, are completing their training as they undergo Soyuz spacecraft fit.
Live NASA TV coverage of the Soyuz TMA-04M spacecraft launch from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan begins at 9 PM CDT on Monday, May 14 (0200 UTC May 15), with the launch scheduled for 10:01 PM CDT (0301 UTC).
The trio will arrive at the station May 16, joining Expedition 31 Commander Oleg Kononenko, RN3DX, of the Russian Federal Space Agency, Flight Engineer Don Pettit, KD5MDT, of NASA and Flight Engineer Andrei Kuipers, PI9ISS, of the European Space Agency, who have been aboard the ISS since December 2011. Padalka, Acaba and Revin will transition to the Expedition 32 crew in July and return to Earth in mid-September.
NASA TV’s scheduled coverage is as follows:
Thursday, May 10
- 11 AM CDT (1600 UTC) -- Video file of the Soyuz TMA-04M crew activities in Baikonur.
Friday, May 11
- 11 AM CDT (1600 UTC) -- Video file of Soyuz TMA-04M crew activities in Baikonur.
Sunday, May 13
- 11 AM CDT (1600 UTC) -- Video file of Soyuz TMA-04M rocket mating and rollout to the Baikonur launch pad.
Monday, May 14
- 11 AM CDT (1600 UTC) -- Video file of the Soyuz TMA-04M final pre-launch crew news conference and Russian State Commission meeting in Baikonur.
- 9 PM CDT (0200 UTC May 15) -- Soyuz TMA-04M launch coverage (launch scheduled at 10:01 PM [0301 UTC]), including video of the crew's pre-launch activities and launch replays.
Tuesday, May 15
- 12 AM CDT (0500 UTC) -- Video file of Soyuz TMA-04M pre-launch, launch video and post-launch interviews.
Wednesday, May 16
- 11 PM CDT (0400 UTC) -- Soyuz TMA-04M docking coverage (docking scheduled at 11:38 PM [0438 UTC]), followed by a post-docking news conference from Mission Control in Korolev, Russia.
Thursday, May 17
- 2 AM CDT (0700 UTC) -- Soyuz TMA-04M hatch opening and welcoming ceremony (hatch opening scheduled at 2:20 AM [0720 UTC]).
- 4 AM CDT (0900 UTC) -- Video file of Soyuz TMA-04M docking, hatch opening and welcoming ceremony.
You can watch live online on the NASA TV Public and Media channels, or on your television set. Contact your local provider for the NASA TV channel in your area.