AMSAT Announces Dayton Hamvention Forum Presentations
AMSAT has announced its lineup of Dayton Hamvention® forum speakers. The AMSAT Forum will take place on Saturday, May 21, starting at 11:15 AM in Forum Room 5 of Hara Arena. Mark Hammond, N8MH, will serve as the forum moderator. Several AMSAT luminaries are scheduled to deliver presentations on satellite-related topics.
- “AMSAT Status Report” — AMSAT-NA President Barry Baines, WD4ASW, will highlight recent activities within AMSAT and discuss some challenges, accomplishments, projects, and late-breaking news.
- “AMSAT-NA Satellite Program” — AMSAT-NA Engineering Vice President Jerry Buxton, N0JY, will review the upcoming launches of four Fox CubeSats and “exciting new engineering developments.”
- “AMSAT’s HEO and GSO Plans” — AMSAT-NA Director Bob McGwier, N4HY, will discuss AMSAT-NA opportunities for High-Earth Orbit (HEO) and Geosynchronous Orbit (GSO) satellites.
- “AMSAT Satellite Operations” — AMSAT-NA Operations Vice President Drew Glasbrenner, KO4MA, will survey operational Amateur Radio satellites as well as those planned for launch in the next year.
- “ARISS Report 2016” — AMSAT-NA Vice President for Human Spaceflight Frank Bauer, KA3HDO, will discuss Amateur Radio on the International Space Station (ARISS) developments and operations on the ISS.
- “Teaching STEM Using the Fox Satellites” — AMSAT-NA Educational Relations Vice President Joe Spier, K6WAO, will explain how the Fox MEMS gyroscopes, radiation experiments, and cameras will be used to teach science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
Dayton Hamvention takes place May 20-22 at Hara Arena near Dayton, Ohio. — Thanks to AMSAT News Service