ARRL Executive Committee to Meet in Colorado
The ARRL Executive Committee will meet Saturday, September 29 in Denver, Colorado. See the link below for the meeting’s agenda.
ARRL President Kay Craigie, N3KN, serves as Chairman of the Executive Committee. Five Division Directors who are elected by the ARRL Board of Directors are also on the committee: Midwest Division Director Cliff Ahrens, K0CA; Northwestern Division Director Jim Fenstermaker, K9JF; Central Division Director Dick Isely, W9GIG; Rocky Mountain Division Director Brian Mileshosky, N5ZGT, and West Gulf Division Director David Woolweaver, K5RAV. ARRL Chief Executive Officer David Sumner, K1ZZ, and ARRL First Vice President Rick Roderick, K5UR, are non-voting members of the Executive Committee. ARRL General Counsel Chris Imlay, W3KD, and Second Vice President Bruce Frahm, K0BJ, will also attend the meeting.
The Executive Committee is assigned specific responsibility for:
- Applying existing Board policy to make decisions between Board meetings.
- Evaluating proposed rules and regulatory changes for the Board.
- Assisting staff and General Counsel in Board recommendations for petitions to the FCC and other governmental and international agencies.
- Periodically reviewing and recommending to the Board any changes in the ARRL Articles of Association, By-Laws, Standing Orders, and Memoranda of Understanding with other organizations.
- Monitoring progress of Board actions and recommendations (task tracking).
- Monitoring progress of the implementation of, and suggesting ongoing revisions to, the ARRL Strategic Plan, working in conjunction with Standing Committees as appropriate.
- Reviewing and recommending programs designed to represent the organization to the public, enhance the organization’s image and communicate with the media.