Contest University 2016 Announces Classes, Instructors for Dayton Sessions
Contest University (CTU) has announced the classes and instructors for its sessions held in conjunction with Dayton Hamvention®. CTU will take place the day before Hamvention, on Thursday May 19, 7 AM until 5 PM, at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in downtown Dayton. The classes are aimed at those wishing to enhance their on-the-air contesting skills, and a faculty of veteran contesters carry out the instruction. The list of 2016 Dayton CTU "professors" is comprised of names well known within the Amateur Radio contesting community, including Doug Grant, K1DG; Frank Donovan, W3LPL; Tim Duffy, K3LR; Bob Wilson, N6TV, and Kirk Pickering, K4RO.
CTU offers a full day of training for beginners and advanced students and includes a breakfast buffet and box lunch as well as numerous handouts. Among the course offerings:
- Fair Play — How to Earn and Keep Respect
- Small Station Bang for the Buck
- Getting Started with RTTY Contesting
- The Advantages of Waterfall Displays for Contesting and DXing
- Improving Your Antennas for the Declining Solar Cycle
- Improving Your Contest Scores Through Log Analysis
- Waterfalls, Recordings and Reverse Beacon Network
- Let’s Talk About Improving Your Contest Scores
The CTU 2016 registration fee is $85 in advance only. Contact CTU about scholarships covering the registration fee are available for those 25 years old or younger. Anyone who has presented or will present a talk or a paper at any club meeting or has an article about Amateur Radio published, between May 14, 2015 and May 14, 2016, qualifies for a $10 discount.