Technology... Fun... Magic!Earn the ARRL Radio & Wireless Technology Patch
Radio and Wireless Technology Patch Program
Girl Scouts can learn fundamentals of radio communication and wireless technology and take action in their communities to apply communications to connect people, provide safety, and explore related careers.
- Learn the fundamentals of wireless communication
- Explore radio science through hands-on learning with Amateur Radio
- Use radio communication to talk around the world and for public service and safety
- Learn how wireless technology is used in everyday life and in careers
As part of this program, Girl Scouts will have the opportunity to learn about Amateur Radio (also known as “ham” radio) and do hands-on activities with Amateur Radio. They can also learn about broadcast radio, emergency and public service communications, and explore ways wireless technologies are used in everyday life and in the workplace.
They will be encouraged to take on activities that engage, educate, and empower them and kindle an interest in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) subjects and careers.
The program supports the Girl Scout Leadership Development Program by enabling the following goals for girls:
- Discover— Explore the natural world to learn about radio communications and wireless technologies.
- Connect — Use knowledge of wireless technology to understand its capabilities and its limitations. Be an informed citizen who understands how wireless technologies are regulated and used.
- Take Action— Make a difference in their communities by making friends through radio contacts, providing public service and emergency communications, and raising awareness of career opportunities.
Girl Scouts Patch Curriculum
View or download the patch curriculum Go Now
Girl Scouts Patch Report
Report on your activities and patches awarded Go Now
Patch Program Checklist
Use this handy checklist to record your troop's progress. Go Now
Patch Program Flyer
Print this flyer to advertise this new program. Go Now