QST Ham Ads (Classified) Rules and Rates
- Advertising must pertain to products and services which are related to Amateur Radio.
- The Ham-Ad rate for commercial firms offering products or services for sale is $2.25 per word. Individuals selling or buying personal equipment: ARRL members, $1.00 per word. non-ARRL members, $1.50 per word. Bolding is available for $2.50 a word. You may pay by check payable to the ARRL and sent to:
American Radio Relay League
225 Main Street
Newington, CT 06111
Or, you may pay by credit card sending the information by fax to 860-594-4285 or via firstname.lastname@example.org The credit card information we need is: the type of credit card, the exact name that appears on the credit card, the credit card number, the expiration date, and the credit card billing address.
- Remittance in full must accompany copy since Ham Ads are not carried on our books. Each word, abbreviation, model number, and group of numbers counts as one word. Entire telephone numbers count as one word. No charge for postal ZIP code. No cash or contract discounts or agency commission will be allowed. Tear sheets or proofs of Ham Ads cannot be supplied. Submitted ads should be typed or clearly printed on an 8 1/2" × 11" sheet of paper.
- Closing date for Ham Ads is the 15th of the second month preceding publication date. No cancellations or changes will be accepted after this closing date. Example: Ads received April 16th through May 15th will appear in July QST. If the 15th falls on a weekend or holiday, the Ham-Ad deadline is the previous working day. Please contact the Ham Ads editor at 860-594-0209 or email@example.com or further information.
- No Ham-Ad may use more than 100 words. no advertiser may use more than two ads in one issue. A last name or call must appear in each ad. Mention of lotteries, prize drawings, games of chance, etc. is not permitted in QST advertising.
- New firms or individuals offering products or services for sale must check with us to determine if a production sample (which will be returned) should be submitted for examination. Dealers are exempted, unless the product is unknown to us. Check with us if you are in doubt. You must stand by and support all claims and specifications mentioned in your advertising. The publisher of QST will vouch for the integrity of advertisers who are obviously commercial in character, and for the grade or character of their products and services. Individual advertisers are not subject to scrutiny. The American Radio Relay League does not discriminate in its advertising on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, or national origin.
The League reserves the right to decline or discontinue advertising for any other reason.
Outside Classified Resources
As a convenience to ARRL members, we have established a direct link to the free QTH.com Ham Radio Classified Ads, which does not require a login ID or password.
To view the ads, click here: http://swap.qth.com/
To place a free ad, click here: http://swap.qth.com/add-step1.php
If you are not familiar with the QTH.com Classifieds, it has been in service for over 10 years, with over 70,000 ads placed each year.
www.SecondHandRadio.com is a free classified advertising service that is not limited to radios. Categories are provided for all subjects of interest to Radio Amateurs and electronics enthusiasts.