More Improvements to the ARRL Web Site
As more and more people use the new ARRL Web site, we are finding some minor bugs in the system and fixing them. Here are the latest improvements to the Web site:
- A link to your Section News is located right underneath the “Edit Your Profile” link at the top of the page. Just click on “Section News” and you will be directed to the appropriate page. This link is only available on the home page of the site.
- Users no longer have to log in each time they access the Web site. The site now remembers your log-in information and you will automatically be logged in on each visit.
- The DXCC standings and Honor Roll, DXCC application and the DXCC order form are now available online.
- You can now register hamfests and conventions on the Web site.
- Find an Amateur Radio licensing class or an exam session near you. In earlier versions of the Exam Session Locator Service, all exam sessions were listed as “no walk-ins.” This has now been fixed.
- An amateur’s current license class is now listed in the Call Sign Search. Extraneous numbers in the amateur’s FRN have also been removed.
“With a Web site as large as the ARRL’s, we are constantly making improvements and changes,” said ARRL Chief Operating Officer Harold Kramer, WJ1B. “We have received a lot of feedback from members and are trying to implement many of these ideas. If we havn't gotten back to you directly, please be patient. One of our main goals at the moment is optimizing the club search function. We also understand that the Web site search function is not as functional as we would like. In time, once the Google engines crawl through the site and catalog it, the search function should greatly improve. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work through the issues.”