Mobile operating is highly popular, but some effort may be required to obtain a reasonably noise free installation. We not only have installation tips and interference cures, but have obtained policy statements from the auto manufacturers.
- These pages describe techniques to eliminate alternator whine. As these articles point out, a bad diode can make the whine much worse:
- The K0BG Mobile Pages
- Ford Motor Company EMC Online
Contains much information including Mobile Radio Installation Guidelines
- Ford Explorer Radio Frequency Interference
- GM Radio Telephone / Mobile Radio Installation Guidelines
GMNA Engineering Centers General Motors Corporation
- K8CU Mobile Radio RFI Solutions
- W8LMF Mobile Installation In 2005 Toyota Prius - Contains information and graphics for an Amateur Radio installation in a modern hybrid vehicle
- Pat Freeman, N3GWZ, outlines the use of Radio Shack ferrite cores he used to solve a fuel-pump problem in his 2002 Sport Track.