Chapter 3: Rules and Regulations
The FCC rules apply equally to HF and VHF+ operation, but there are a number of special situations that apply only to HF operation. Section 3 focuses on international communications, managing interference, third-party rules, and technical rules and standards.
- Amateur Regulations -- a direct link to the Part 97 FCC rules that define the Amateur Service.
- Emission Designator List - these are the FCC 3-letter designators for all emission modes
- Frequently Asked Questions About Rules and Regulations
- International Operating
- Volunteer Examiners - complete information on the volunteer examiner program.
- ARRL Technical Information Service (TIS) - numerous Web resources and magazine articles on technical topics of interest to all hams
- ARRL EMI/RFI Resources - a number of resources for managing interference of all types
- FCC TV Interference Handbook - the FCC’s guide to managing interference to television receivers