Greetings to the Delaware Section,
This is the first of many updates I plan to provide to you as Section Manager.
- First, sincere thanks to Frank AD3M for his many years and total dedication as our SM. Also, I want to thank him for assisting me in the transition. He spent a lot of time explaining all the details of the job to me. And good news; Frank is committed to continuing his active role in supporting the hobby!
- One of my top priorities is to fill the "Section Cabinet"...all the positions that are required for a successful section. Many of you have expressed interest in the various jobs and I have selected volunteers for several key positions. Bill Prettyman W3DR will be the Section Emergency Coordinator; Bill Hammond N3IOD will continue as Official Observer Coordinator; Chuck Betyeman W3DEL will become the Sussex County Emergency Coordinator; Jay Brackin W3NUR will continue as Kent County Emergency Coordinator; and, Randy Murray W3LF will continue to serve as the Technical Coordinator. In addition, Pat Ryan KW3Z and John DiGiovanni N3LUD will be Assistant Section Managers. Joe Stormer W3TL has volunteered to serve as the Section Legal Advisor. Joe will be providing ideas and suggestions, but his support can not be taken as "legal advice." I'm continuing to work with other volunteers on additional positions. Please let me know if you can help.
- W1AW/3 will operate in Delaware in the latter part of November. The lead for the operation is Karl N8NA who provides the following details. "To qualify to be a W1AW/3 station you must, of course, be an ARRL member. CW, phone and digital mode operators are needed and welcome. Satellite and VHF is possible as well. Once a station/operator is "vetted", there will be an "on-line" sign-up for specific bands and modes. This will be somewhat flexible, as required by changing propagation conditions and station/operator availability. An ability to log QSO's on a computer logging system will be the one non-negotiable requirement as the ARRL will handle all QSL's and LOTW credit via ADIF file submission thru myself. In the shack access to the "on-line" schedule will be extremely useful for coordinating last minute changes." Karl plans to start "collecting" interested operators in September. To get involved conta ct Karl at email@example.com
- Plan now to attend the Delmarva Amateur Radio & Electronics EXPO Hamfest in Georgetown on October 4. For information contact Paul Ross NR3P at firstname.lastname@example.org. More info will be out soon.
Check out photo's ... check select VIEW ALL at the bottom of this page!
DELAWARE AMATEUR RADIO LICENSE TESTING INFORMATION:
Needed at a test Session:
1. Two (2) forms of ID are required; one must be a photo ID
2. Any original Licenses and/or CSCEs MUST be presented along with a copy of each is necessary
3. CASH or CHECKS for $15.00 for ARRL VEC $ 14.00 for W5YI VEC
4. A pen. Forms must be signed in ink.
Sessions are listed as follows:
The Delaware Amateur Radio Testing Team (DARTT) conduct FCC Ham Examinations in Sussex County Delaware Contact W3TL, Joe Stormer at email@example.com for more information.
The First State Amateur Radio Club conducts FCC Examinations in New Castle County Delaware contact Jim Smith at n3uz.com for more info.
The Kent County Amateur Radio Club Conducts Examinations in Kent County Delaware Contact: Bobby J. Manning Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Location: Wyoming United Methodist Church 216 Wyoming Mill Rd enter on north end of building Room 209 Wyoming DE 19934-1110
FIRST STATE AMATEUR RADIO CLUB
The First State Amateur Radio Club meets the fourth Thursday of every month (other than November and December) at 7:24 PM. The starting time for the First State ARC meetings is 7:24pm. The date is still the 4th Thursday of the month, except in November and December (3rd Thursday.) FSARC meets in the Conectiv corporate data center, Wakefield Drive, Newark, Delaware. To get to the data center from I-95, take Route 273 EAST to the University Plaza shopping center. Turn right onto Chapman Road. After 0.4 miles, turn left onto Wakefield Dr. After about 1/4 mile, turn left, before the three flag poles, into the data center building parking lot. The building you want is facing you after you turn left at the poles. The lot is semicircular with a man-made pond in the center. Enter the building and ask the guard for directions to the radio club meeting.
President: Richard Dalton WD3C
Secretary: Mike Federico KB3REU
Treasurer: Dave Drew K3DX
K3QBD trustee: Dave Drew K3DX
LEWES AMATEUR RADIO SOCIETY
Monthly meetings held at the Green Turtle restaurant in The Village of Five Points Lewes, DE 12:00 noon every First Wednesday of the Month
The Green Turtle Sports Bar and Grill, is located at the Village of Five Points, 17388 North Village Main Unit 21, Lewes, DE 19958.
Handhelds will be tuned to the LARS repeater 147.330 MHz.+ PL Tone 156.7 Hz. and 146.52 MHz. Simplex for anyone who may need directions.
Dick Drevo, W3GNQ, President
Mike McClanahan, W3RMM, 1st V.P.
Jim Ippolito, KB3IOG, 2nd V.P.
Glenn Bilger, W4OCC, Secretary
Joe Dipietrantonio, W3JDP, Treasurer
KENT COUNTY AMATEUR RADIO CLUB
Meetings of the Kent County Amateur Radio Club are held the 2nd Tuesday of each month 7:00 PM at the Kent County EOC located 911 Public Safety Blvd. Dover, Delaware
KCARC ARES / RACES Meet the last Monday of the month at 7:00PM
Talk in on repeater KC3ARC 146.970 Output 146.370 Input PL 77.0
Woodside repeater KC3ARC 146.910 Output 146.310 Input PL 77.0
Kent County Amateur Radio Club Officers:
President; Ron Siebach KB3PQF
Vice-President; Jay Brackin, W3NUR
Secretary: Holly Siebach
Treasurer: Sandy Laws, KA3PJP
Emergency Coordinator Jay Brackin, W3NUR
SUSSEX AMATEUR RADIO ASSOCIATION
Meetings are held the 3rd Thursday of each month at 7:30PM at the Sussex Pines Country Club located at 22426 Sussex Pines Road Georgetown, DE 19947-6445
Millsboro, DE Repeater WS3ARA 147.090 Output 147.690 Input P/L 156.7
Bethany Beach,DE Repeater WS3ARA 145.250 Output 144.650 Input P/L 156.7
SARA CLUB OFFICERS:
President, Dell Palmer K3AXR
Vice President, Chuck Betyeman W3DEL
Secretary, Denny Karol KB3MJ
Treasurer, Ray Deskins, WB3GNO
Director, Dell Palmer K3AXR
Director, Bill Duveneck KB3KYH
Director, Herb Quick KF3BT
NANTICOKE AMATEUR RADIO CLUB
The Nanticoke Amateur Radio Club meets every third Saturday at the Nanticoke Memorial Hospital at 9:00 AM 801 Middleford Road Seaford, Delaware 19973
Nanticoke Amateur Radio Club NARC Net Thursday evening at 8:00 PM on the 146.715 (156.7 PL) repeater K3NKT.
Repeater W3TBG Output 145.210 Input 144.610 P/L 156.7
Repeater K3NKT Output 146.715 Input 146.115 P/L 156.7
NANTICOKE ARC OFFICERS
President: Patrick Ryan, KW3Z
Vice Pres: Vaughn Russell, W3IJ
Sec/Treas: Dan Braunstein, N3WYN
Director: Rod Eikenberry, N3KNT
Director: Marvin Stumbo, KB3HTE
Director: Layton Timmons, KE3T
DELAWARE REPEATER ASSOCIATION INC.
The Delaware Repeater Association Inc. meets Quarterly the months of March, June, September and December on the Second Tuesday at 7:00PM in the Community Room in the right hand side entering thePaul J. Sweeney Public Safety Building 3601 N. DuPont Highway New Castle Delaware 19702
Repeater W3DRA Output 146.730 Input 146.130 P/L 131.8 Wilmington
Repeater W3DRA Output 146.700 Input 146.100 P/L 131.8 Newark
Repeater W3DRA Output 448.375 Input 443.375 P/L 131.8 Wilmington
Repeater W3DRA Output 449.025 Input 444.025 P/L 131.8 Newark
Repeater W3DRA Output 224.520 Input 222.920 P/L 131.8 Wilmington
Delaware Repeater Association Officers:
President Frank Filipkowski AD3M
VP Dave Stepnowski KC3AM
Treasurer Wayne Hale KB3RVR
Secretary Wayne Hale KB3RVR
Trustee/Register Agent Bill Greenhalgh W3DE
Programmer for controllers Steve Serencko K3MOT
WEB page developer (DRA73.org) Martin Keefe AA3A
Board of Directors Lee Gray W3LDG, Joe Grib KI3B,
John DiGiovanni N3LUD
Christiana Amateur Radio Emergency Service
CARES Meetings are on Tuesday evenings 7:00 pm to
9:00 pm those without a badge need to be escorted.
Location: Christiana Hospital 4755 Ogletown-Stanton
Road Newark DE 19702-5440
Repeater W3CER Output 444.950 Input 449.950 P/L 100.0 Newark
Repeater W3CER Output 444.400 Input 449.400 P/L 100.0 Wilmington
Repeater W3CER Output 442.500 Input 447.500 P/L 100.0 Middletown
DELAWARE SECTION AMATEUR RADIO FREQUENCIES
Function RX Freq TX Freq Tone Callsign Location
HF TRAFFIC 3.905 3.905 LSB DE Traffic Net DE Section
Alt HF Traffic Frequency 7.280 7.280 LSB 40 Meter Alternate
Alt HF Traffic Frequency 5.357 5.357 USB 60 Meter Center Channel
North DE 146.730 146.130 131.8 W3DRA/R Wilmington,DE
Central DE 146.970 146.370 77.0 KC3ARC/R Dover,DE
Southern DE 147.090 147.690 156.7 WS3ARA/R Georgetown,DE
NCC Co 146.700 146.100 131.8 W3DRA/R Newark,DE
Kent Co 147.300 147.900 77.0 N3KNT/R Hazlettville,DE
Sussex Co 146.715 146.115 156.7 N3KNT/R Seaford,DE
Kent Co 146.655 146.055 156.7 K3CRK/R Smyrna,DE
Bethany 448.725 448725 131.8 W3BXW/R Bethany Beach,DE
Bethany 145.250 144.650 156.7 WS3ARA/R Bethany Beach,DE
DE City 448.825 443.825 131.8 N3JLH/R Delaware City,DE
Delmar 444.050 449.050 156.7 K3RIC/R Delmar,DE
Dover 146.910 146.310 77.0 KC3ARC/R Dover,DE
Dover 449.725 444.725 131.8 W3BXW/R Dover,DE
Dover 146.790 146.190 77.0 N3YMS/R Dover,DE
Dover 444.500 449.500 114.8 N3IOC/R Dover,DE
Georgetown 145.310 144.710 156.7 W3STR/R Georgetown,DE
Greenwood 444.900 449.900 156.7 KD3UI/R Greenwood,DE
Harrington 442.450 447.450 131.8 KB3IWV/R Harrington,DE
Lewes 147.330 147.930 156.7 W3LRS/R Lewes,DE
Lewes 443.550 448.550 156.7 W4ALT/R Lewes,DE
Millsboro 449.825 444.825 156.7 K3JL/R Millsboro,DE
Millsboro 224.840 223.240 156.7 K3JL/R Milsboro,DE
Middletown 442.500 447.500 100.0 W3CER Middletown, DE
Newark 449.025 444.025 131.8 W3DRA/R Newark,DE
Newark 444.950 449.950 100.0 W3CER/R Newark,DE
Newark 145.310 144.710 141.3 W3UD/R Newark,DE
Wilmington 146.955 146.355 131.8 WA3UYJ/R Wilmington,DE
Wilmington 444.400 449.400 100.0 W3CER/R Wilmington,DE
Wilmington 448.375 443.375 131.8 W3DRA/R Wilmington,DE
Wilmington 224.520 222.920 131.8 W3DRA/R Wilmington,DE