Electronic Principles, Components, & Building Blocks
Chapters 4 and 5 take you beyond the introduction to electronics that you mastered to pass your General Class exam. This is the most detailed part of the exam, so take your time with your studies and be sure you understand the material. Background material is provided to support the topic in the license study guide.
- Math supplement - online tutorials and articles on a variety of math topics common in radio
- ARRL Technical Information Service (TIS) - numerous Web resources and magazine articles on technical topics of interest to all hams
- The ARRL Handbook - the oldest and best radio handbook around
- Understanding Basic Electronics - introduction to the electronics of radio
- Digital logic - this is a good overview of digital electronic circuits
- Optoelectronics - an article that discusses devices that make use of both photoconductivity and the photoelectric effect