Signed CertificatesUse signed certificates to attach other call signs that belong to you to your account.
Requesting A Signed Certificate
Once you have a certificate for your primary callsign you may have old calls or secondary calls which you want to upload log data to LoTW. All subordinate calls will have a signed certificate. By having certificates signed by the primary call certificate all of your QSO data will be kept in one account.
Use this procedure for appended calls such as W1AW/m, W1AW/p, KP2/W1AW, etc
Here is what you do:
1. Open TQSL CERT
2. In the menu bar select FILE - NEW CERT REQUEST
3. Request a new certificate for your old call or secondary call.
• DO NOT REQUEST SIGNED CERTIFICATES FOR PRIMARY CLUB CALLS. Club calls cannot be combined with personal accounts. Please see the section about club callsigns
• Be sure to use the correct BEGIN when this call was issued to you. If you are not certain about this date then use the date of the earliest entry in your log when you operated with this callsign.
• DO NOT use the default date of 1945-11-01. Using the default date could cause you to upload QSOs that do not belong to this call when you used it.
• Enter the ending date when you retired this callsign. If you are not certain about this date then use the date of the last entry in your log when you operated with this callsign.
• If the call is still current then leave the end date open.
• Passwords are optional. Unless you use a shared public computer there really is no reason to password protect your private key.
• If you choose to use a password be sure you record it. We cannot assist with lost or forgotten passwords for your private key.
4. On the last window you will be asked to SIGN the certificate request. Highlight your primary call certificate in the window by clicking on it.
5. Make sure the SIGNED BUTTON IS CHECKED
6. Save the TQ5 file to your folder.
7. Upload the TQ5 file that you saved to LoTW. https://p1k.arrl.org/lotw/upload
8. Stand by for your TQ6.
• USA operators will NOT receive a postcard.
• If your secondary call is outside your home DXCC entity and not covered by CEPT, IARP or other reciprocal agreements then you must provide a scanned copy of your operating permit.
Thank you for using Logbook of The World.