Ham Radio License Exam Practice
ARRL's newest editions of our license preparation study manuals, the Ham Radio License Manual, the General Class License Manual and the Extra Class License Manual, include software for exam practice compatible with Microsoft® Windows operating systems.The software CD-ROM includes all of the questions for the current FCC exam pools and provides different review options, so you can choose to review by chapter of the study manual or by question pool topic. Short explanations are provided to help you understand the correct answer. The software also provides the option to produce-- and print-- as many practice exams as you would like.
Why should I get licensed?
Before you can get on the air, you need to be licensed and know the rules to operate legally. US licenses are good for 10 years before renewal and anyone may hold one except a representative of a foreign government. Learn More
The following exam practice aids have been developed by hams for prospective licensees and other hams who want to upgrade to a license with more privileges. Find out which resources will be most useful to you!
- AA9PW.com offers proven accessibility to blind users with its option for "no figures" in the exam.
- HamStudy.org offers flash cards and practice exams developed by Richard Bateman, KD7BBC and sponsored by ICOM America
- KD0FNR provides a set of free online exam practice tests.
- Fred Benson, NC4FB, offers exam practice flashcards, as well as a mentored study option. Candidates have to register with Instructor: email@example.com
- AH0A offers Ham Academy for exam practice. It is designed to be downloaded and run off-line in any browser. It has been tested on the iPhone and Android phones.