Secure Site Login


New Licenses, License Changes and Renewals

Filing for a license renewal, changing an address, obtaining a duplicate license, or apply for a new call sign can be accomplished in one of three ways.

Electronically through the FCC ULS Web Page;
Manually using the FCC Form 605; or
Manually using the NCVEC Form 605.


Electronic filing is the easiest and quickest method. If you make an error filing, you will know immediately.

When filing manually, note that the FCC Form 605 and the NCVEC Form 605 are two different forms.

The FCC Form 605 is more difficult to complete and it must be sent to the FCC. There is no fee to modify a License (change address, change name, obtain duplicate) or to renew a license.

The NCVEC Form 605 must be sent to the ARRL VEC or another participating VEC. If sent directly to the FCC, it will be rejected. The NCVEC Form 605 will be processed as a membership service for current ARRL members. License modifications or renewal procedures are free to ARRL members. For NON-members who wish to modify a license or renew their license, there is a $15 charge to use the NCVEC Form 605. The NCVEC Form 605 does not have a space for obtaining a duplicate license, but you can simply write 'Duplicate' on the form and it will be processed by the ARRL VEC.

In all instances, a license can be renewed no sooner than 90 days before the expiration of the license.

For a detailed list of step by step filing instructions go to the ARRL License Renewals or Changes page.