ARRL Volunteer Examiners Serve the Community
If you are interested in becoming an ARRL Volunteer Examiner (VE) and serving the Amateur Radio community, it's easy and free!
Follow these three steps to become an ARRL Volunteer Examiner:
1. Review the Volunteer Examiner Manual, paying special attention to
Chapter 2: Becoming a Volunteer Examiner.
2. Complete and sign the VE Application form and open-book review *
(40 question review).
3. Please fax, mail or email forms (Adobe PDF file or scanned
JPEG image showing your real signature) to the address below: * *
Once accredited, you will receive in the mail a colorful, laminated VE badge,
and badge clip to wear at exam sessions and a certificate suitable for framing.
Please allow 3-4 weeks for the ARRL VE badge and certificate to arrive.
* If you are already accredited with a VE organization outside the ARRL,
you must submit a copy of your accreditation certificate along with
a completed ARRL VE application form to the above address.
* * If the documents are faxed to the ARRL VEC, you need to mail the
original application for completion of accreditation since we require
your signature on file for identity confirmation on exam documents.